Optimal Health Lifestyle Intervention/Cooking Class
Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
NOTICE: Effective immediately the COVID-19, like many other viral respiratory illnesses, appears to spread more easily between people in close quarters, such as with event crowds. Out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping with federal and CDC guidelines, we will modify, postpone, and/or cancel large scale Morehouse School of Medicine events scheduled from March 16, 2020 through April 30, 2020. We will continue to evaluate our event plans as more information becomes available and will provide specific details as decisions are made.
The Optimal Health Cooking Class will resume on Septebmer 11, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Morehouse School of Medicine.
More than a Cooking class! This program will empower you with the skills and knowledge to make healthy sustainable lifestyle changes.
- Delicious oil-free plant-based food
- Fitness assessments
- Stress management techniques
- And much more...
Morehouse School of Medicine
720 Westview Drive
Atlanta, GA 30310 (Building F, Room G-14)
Free! Please sign in at the Public Safety Office near the Lee Street parking lot when you arrive.
$12/class or $120 for all 12 classes, if paid in advance.
Current MSM Students/Employees: Please contact us for discount information.
12-Week Class Schedule, Fall 2019
- 9/11/2019 - Week 1
- 9/18/2019 - Week 2
- 9/25/2019 - Week 3
- 10/02/2019 - Week 4
- 10/9/2019 - Week 5
- 10/16/2019 - Week 6
- 10/23/2019 - Week 7
- 10/30/2019 - Week 8
- 11/6/2019 - Week 9
- 11/13/2019 - Week 10
- 11/20/2019 - Week 11
- 12/4/2019 - Week 12
* Note: No class on 11/27/2019
There are many ways to get started on a plant-based diet. You can do it gradually, meal by meal or just jump in and eat only plant-based foods. Either way you will need some new rules.
- Start eating meals– this means that you must stop eating whenever and whatever you
see feel like eating. Decide on an eating plan that fits your lifestyle and get into
a routine. Think of snacks as a small meal and either stop eating them or plan for
You can eat :
- 3 meals/day - Breakfast/lunch/dinner - No snacks
- 4 meals/day - Breakfast/lunch /dinner - 1 snack of fruit
- 5 meals/day – Breakfast/lunch/dinner – 2 snacks – mid-morning/mid afternoon
- Stop eating 3 hours before you plan to go to sleep
- Do not eat for at least 12 hours between dinner and breakfast
- If possible, have your heaviest meal at lunch time and eat a light dinner
Shopping for a whole-food plant-based diet—This is a great video – only one issue, oats are OK, but the best breakfast is fresh fruit in season.